Thursday, March 3, 2011

Christchurch Students

We have been lucky enough to have some students from Christchurch in our class for the past week.  They have escaped the aftershocks and taken refuge in Timaru.  Some of the students are here until their school reopens and their houses get power and water back on.  Others have decided they might stay here a bit longer, particularly if their houses have been damaged in the earthquake.

We are enjoying having them.  This is what some of them have said about being at Sacred Heart:

"I really enjoyed my time here at SHPS. I made heaps of friends and the teachers are really fun.  There are heaps of fun games to play and it was fun having the tadpoles and learning about them." (Grace)

"I like it here because there are cool kids that are nice.  There are 5 minute brain breaks and I think they are a great idea.  Also, I like being away from the earthquakes and I like feeling really safe." (Georgia)



No comments:

Post a Comment