Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Recycling Centre by Isabella

The sun was boring down on people’s backs as I played Busted, with my awesome friends. Soon after, Miss Galbraith blew her shiny silver whistle and Room 4 and 5 trod in. Mr Gander started calling out car groups and I held on to every word. Finally he called out “Cameron, Jackson, Penny and Isabella you are with Cameron’s dad.”  I was happy I was with Penny.
Once we finished driving to the Recycling Centre, we all jumped out when we were told to. Then we walked quickly to Briony our guide. Briony told us to put yellow vests on and we did.
Soon we walked slowly to the green shed and once I took a big look I realized it was huge.  Not just huge, really, really huge, so I would say it was as huge as an ELEPHANT! As soon as we went inside, I almost screamed because I was terrified of the noise, of well, everything. The conveyer belts, the machines, stuff like that. I may not have liked the noise, but I liked all the interesting stuff like watching the conveyer belts move and watching what was happening with the rubbish.
After that we went to where the paper and cardboard were, but trust me it was messier than a pig sty. All you could see was a man on a machine.
Later on we went back to the cars to drive to the Compost area.  Trust me you would NOT LIKE TO GO IN THERE. It smelt worse than a thousand nappies and I thought that smelt bad! Soon we walked to the compost heaps. They were huge plus they had weird covers on them.  In the meanwhile I was thinking, who would ever want to put covers on compost heaps? Soon Briony started talking about how it works and before we knew it we were walking AGAIN!
 In another ten minutes or so we were driving to school.  My favourite part was when we reached the compost area. You should have seen everyone’s faces. Some said it smelt good, some said it smelt bad. They had weird covers on them.  In the mean while I was thinking, who would ever want to put covers on compost heaps? Soon Briony started talking about how it works and before we knew it we were walking AGAIN! In another ten minutes or so we were driving to school,  my favourite part was  when we reached the compost area, you should have seen every ones faces some said it smelt good some said it smelt bad
I really liked the Recycling Centre and all the interesting stuff, even if some of it was noisy and some smelly.
 By Isabella
Here are the conveyer belts moving fast.




No comments:

Post a Comment