Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Recycling Centre by Marlin

Tuesday was the day that Rooms 4 and 5 went to the recycling centre around 12:58. At lunch time parents started to come and then we left at 1:10.
Later when we arrived we saw Briony. She said to put a safety jacket on so the drivers of dump trucks can see us. 
We walked up some stairs and went into a big building there was plastic flying around in a big cage and there bottles and metal cans smashed into boxes. It was really loud.
The building and went back to the cars and waited for where we were going next.
Briony showed us where to go next it. Was the compost area and it smelt really bad In front of us was a machine that shredded up the compost .We walked beside big pile of rubbish and on the ground was a dead rat. It looked really funny.  
Then we saw a big machine that covered the compost Briony said that the girls were better than boys on it (but I don’t believe that).
It was really fun and smelly I would like to go there again.
I learnt that you can have the milk lids on when you chuck them out.   
From Marlin.  
This is a dead rat on the ground.

2 comments:

  1. I like the dead rat, awesome story marlin
    kaleb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marlin. It sounds like you learnt a lot about recycling on your trip. It was good for me to find out that the milk bottle tops can also be recycled, as in the past I have been throwing them in the rubbish bin. Thanks for the photo of the rat - I will probably have nightmares!

    Can you pass on the word to your class that I am looking out for some more Voicethreads to be created by Room 4 students? I taught about eight people how to make them in Term 2, and was hoping to see some more before the end of the year.
    Miss F

    ReplyDelete