Monday, May 7, 2012

Year 5 Camp by Hayley


    
“Are we there yet?” I asked Mum.

 Today I was going to year 5 camp and I was in the car with Madeleine and Brook and we were on our way to the Moeraki Boulders. When we got there we found out that we needed to go over a stream to get there so, we had to park somewhere else.

When we finally found the Boulders we started to climb them. Soon it was time to leave to go to the gardens.

When we got to the gardens it was time for lunch but half way through lunch it started to rain so we had to go in the information centre. Sadly the scavenger hunt was cancelled but we still fed the ducks. Then it was time to go.

“Wow,” I said as I looked at Baldwin Street. “Do we have to climb that?” I asked but we started to climb anyway. “Huff, puff,” I said at the top but we still had to go down! When we finally got down we got a chocolate.

Soon it was time to go to Museum. When we got there we meet a lady that was going to take us for lesson named Heather and went to put our bags in the discovery pad. Next we had afternoon tea. For afternoon tea we had two biscuits and some pieces of fruit.

Soon it was time for our lesson. Our lesson was about weapons that the Maori used. After our lesson we had free time in the discovery room. The discovery room is a room that has lots of toys in it.

Then it was time for our next lesson. This lesson was about myths we had to write about how something became. My group write about how the boulders became.

Next we got more free time in the discovery room. One of my favourite games was a relaxing competition and I really liked it.

Then it was time for tea. For tea we had pizza and bread.

After tea it was time for another lesson. This lesson was about the animals in the animal attic.

After that it was time for bed. We had to set up our beds in the discovery room because we were sleeping in there.

In the morning we went to the pool. At the pool there was a lazy river and a wave pool.

Soon it was time for lunch. For lunch we had a bread roll .After lunch it was time to go back to Timaru.

We hopped in the car and said bye to Dunedin!

By Hayley.








3 comments:

  1. I like my poem.
    from Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awsome Hayley, I think you are the best writer in the world!

    from Lily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you rock hayley .i really like your story about year 5 camp.
    coni

    ReplyDelete