Monday, April 15, 2013

The Duathlon by Carlo


On Wednesday the 20th of February the middle and senior school had the duathlon at Anzac Square.

First we watched the Year 7 and 8s race. We cheered very loudly for them. Then it was our turn to race. I was in a competitive race.

First the Year 5s and 6s got to the starting line and lined up. Then we ran a lap around the footpath of Anzac Square.

After we ran a lap and got a mark on our arm, we ran up the stairs to get our bikes. I had to bike in the middle of Anzac Square. When I had completed two laps I felt like I couldn’t do it, but I kept on going.

After I got three marks on my left arm, I put my bike where the cones were, and I ran down the stairs and ran another lap on the footpath.

When I was on my last lap I had stitch but I just kept on running until it was over. But first I had to get to the finish line to give my sticker to Brigid and Mr A at the desk.

At the end of the race I was very tired but happy that it was over! I liked the duathlon because I had lots of fun.

By Carlo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment