Monday, April 8, 2013

Puffing and Rushing by Vanessa S


JPuffing and rushingJ

On Wednesday the 28th of February everyone but the juniors went to the school duathlon at Anzac Square. At first the seniors had their turn. Then it was our turn.

First we ran around the concrete path one time and that took about three minutes. After that we clipped our helmets on and jumped on our bikes. We had to bike around the field three times. My legs were so numb that I could not feel them. That took four or five minutes. Then I had to run around Anzac Square two times. That took FOREVER!!!

 Finally I was done. I ran up to Brigid and took the sticker off my chest and she put it in a book that showed your place. The sticker said your name and if you were doing competitive or non-competitive.

 I felt proud of myself when the race was finished.

By: Vanessa Smith


 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on representing Sacred Heart in the South Canterbury triathlon.

    I enjoyed reading the personal comments you made to explain how you felt during the duathlon. Great to see connectives used to link your ideas and paragraphs.
    Miss F

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice story Vanessa and like miss f said congrats on getting into south Canterbury triathlon

    ReplyDelete